Port Wine Stains are a mark on skin that resembles port wine. They are usually red in color. It occurs due to abnormal aggregation if the capillaries. It is a type of birth mark but in some individuals it can develop in early child hood as well. Luckily there is a cure for it now. Port Wine Stains Treatment in Dubai and Abu Dhabi will help you get rid of these marks completely.
Symptoms of Port Wine Stains
Symptoms of Port Wine Stains can vary from person to person. Here are a few general symptoms:
- The shape and size of such stains can differ from one individual to the other.
- Initially they are pink in color.
- They gradually lead to ruby red color.
- They thicken and gain a different texture from the rest of their skin tone.
- They can form anywhere on the body but are usually found on face.
Are you the right candidate?
To determine whether you are the right candidate for Port Wine Stains Treatment in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, consider the following:
- You must be aged 20 and above.
- You must not be suffering from any chronic diseases.
- You must not be pregnant.
- You want to get rid of Port Wine Stains completely.
Pretreatment care plays a key role in the outcome of the Port Wine Stains treatment in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Here are a few general guidelines:
- Drink plenty of water to aid better healing.
- Avoid scrubbing your skin at least one month before the treatment.
- Avoid going out in the sun.
- Fill in your prescriptions in advance.
- Get a good night’s sleep before the treatment day.
There are two major options when it comes to port wine stains treatment in Dubai and Abu Dhabi that work magic on your skin and hair. These include IPL treatment and Laser Treatment.
IPL port wine stains treatment in Abu Dhabi and Dubai eliminated port wine stains completely. It is also effective in treating rosacea and pigmentation. It involves following steps:
- Area is cleansed to ensure there are no traces of dirt and makeup.
- Numbing cream is applied on the surface of your skin to minimize any discomfort and pain.
- A hand held device that emits laser beams of specific wavelengths is moved across the surface of skin.
- It helps in the removal of top most dead layer of the skin along with stimulating collagen production.
- After the treatment cooling device is utilized to sooth any discomfort and pain.
Laser treatment is another effective port wine stains treatment in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. It requires 5 to 7 sessions of laser to completely erase the marks. It involves following steps:
- The area is properly cleansed.
- Local anesthesia or numbing creams are used to make this process pain free.
- A hand held laser device is moved across the surface of the skin.
- Laser beam emitted from the device removes the top most layer of the skin which gradually lightens the port wine stains with every progressing treatment.
- It also promotes collagen production and speeds up the cell turn over process which completely removes the port wine stains.
Post treatment Care
Post treatment care is in important part of port wine stains treatment in Sharjah/Dubai. You must follow all the instructions given to you by your doctor. Here are a few general guidelines:
- Avoid going out in the sun as much as possible.
- Wear strong sunscreen, preferably SPF 50 and above.
- Do not wear makeup for a few days.
- Avoid scrubbing your skin for at least a month.
- Apply all the topical medications religiously.
Benefits of the treatment
Port Wine stains treatment in Abu Dhabi/Sharjah has endless benefits. Here are a few of them:
- It is a minimally invasive procedure.
- It completely removes port wine stains.
- It does not affect the surrounding skin.
- It does not have any side effects.
The results of port wine stains treatment in Abu Dhabi and Dubai can vary from person to person. Port wine stains are completely removed in 4 to 7 treatments and results are permanent.