As a beauty enthusiast, I was desperate to find a solution that could slough off dead skin cells and bless me with a smooth skin, particularly on my forehead. I decided the, that I would write a brief review of what it did for my skin and can do for your skin as well. But before that, let me give you a brief insight in regards to microdermabrasion treatment in Abu Dhabi.
What is microdermabrasion?
It is a skin care procedure which works by removing the topmost, dead layer of the skin, also called stratum corneum. It will create a rejuvenating effect on the skin and eliminate acne scarring, sun damage, mild discoloration, and wrinkles.
How does microdermabrasion work?
It is an entirely painless procedure that is completed in 20 to 25 minutes. Whoa! That’s all. Yes, that’s all. The head of the microdermabrasion device removes the outermost, dead layer of the skin and vacuum suction is used to collect all the dirt and oil trapped in the pores.
What are the effects of microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion treatment in Abu Dhabi can treat a number of skin problems including acne scars, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, dull looking skin and dryness. You can think of it as a deep exfoliation. As a result, your skin feels baby soft.
What are the basic steps involved in the procedure?
The treatment in usually performed by a dermatologist. It goes by in the following manner;
- Your skin is numbed prior to the treatment.
- The crystal head of the machine usually made from crystals; diamonds, sodium chloride and magnesium.
- It is then pressurized by the pump to produce an abrasion.
- The vacuum then removes the dead skin cells that the machine has sloughed off the skin.
- For best results, six to eight sessions are recommended. The number can vary depending on each individual’s skin.
What are the side effects?
The first and foremost side effect is redness of the face. However, your skin won’t be so red that you resemble a tomato. Some patients experience bruising.as well. In such case, you should immediately contact the dermatologist who performed the treatment for you.
How my experience went?
Now comes the part, you have all been waiting for. Thanks for your patience. Here goes my personal experience with microdermabrasion treatment in Abu Dhabi.
I’ll be honest here and tell you that I was a lot nervous before the treatment because of the horror stories I read on the internet. My dermatologist was super sweet and kind to me and told me that it was going to be painless. And she was right, there was no pain involved, only a slight tingling sensation which is quite bearable of course.
- After my initial microdermabrasion treatment in Abu Dhabi session, my skin turned pink. One due to extreme exfoliation and other because I have extremely sensitive skin.
- My doctor recommended that I shouldn’t use any makeup or skin care products on my skin for at least 24 hours after the treatment to seek best results.
- The day after the treatment, my skin was a little sensitive to touch. It wasn’t painful or anything but it was sensitive.
- On the third day, my skin looked and felt spectacular. I was eager for more. My skin hasn’t looked so smooth in years. I was excited to see changes in the upcoming weeks.
- I got a total of 7 sessions. One session per week.
- With every progressive session, my skin looked better and better. After four sessions, the tiny spots around my skin were completely gone.
After 7 sessions, I couldn’t believe my eyes. I almost cried with joy. My skin hasn’t felt and looked so good in years. It was certainly one of the best investments I made for my skin. I would highly recommend microdermabrasion treatment in Abu Dhabi or elsewhere to anyone looking to achieve a youthful, glowing and amazing skin.
If you have any concerns regarding the treatment or want to get a free consultation, we welcome you. Simply fill out the form below and let our experts guide you in a one on one consultation. Alternatively, you can use the option of LIVE CHAT.