If you are getting tired of tweezing, waxing, shaving and threading to remove unwanted hair, then laser hair removal is the way to go. It is one of the most common procedures women opt for getting rid of unwanted hair. Laser hair removal involves beaming of highly concentrated lights on the hair follicles. The pigment in the hair absorbs the light which destroys the hair.
Benefits of laser hair removal treatment
There are multiple benefits of laser hair removal. Enlisted below are some of the top benefits:
- Effective for any body part
It is equally beneficial for removing hair from any part of the body (leg, arm, face, under arm and other areas)
Laser hair removal can effectively select and remove hair without damaging the surrounding skin.
Laser hair removal in Dubai is a quick procedure. It involves seconds to go through an area and get rid of unwanted hair grafts at the same time. Smaller areas such as upper lip can be treated in less than a minute. Larger areas such as legs and arms can take up to an hour.
- Predictable nature
Most patients can get rid of hair completely after 7 to 10 sessions. Hair does not come back for at least a year. After a year minor hair growth can be witnessed, this can easily be removed in a single session of laser hair transplant.
Preparing for laser hair removal
- This hair removal is unlike any other way of hair removal which merely involves getting rid of hair. It is a medical procedure which involves credentials on the surgeon’s part and has potential risks associated with it.
- Consult with your doctor regarding any pre laser hair removal care guide. Normally you are asked to avoid caffeinated drinks, and blood thinners, three days prior to the procedure.
- Also, after the treatment, you must avoid sun exposure for at least a week at all costs and use a sunscreen prescribed by your doctor.
Recovery and risks
- For a day or two after the surgery, your skin will have the appearance of a sunburned skin. It will appear red and might feel itchy. Cold compressions and natural moisturizers can help cool down the itching sensation.
- In some people, blisters might appear on the skin. This skin condition is common among people with dark skin complexion. You must immediately consult your laser hair removal specialist before the situation worsens.
- Some individuals might explain redness, swelling and scaring. In this case you must immediately concern your doctor and use treatments to heal your skin.