Varicose veins are related with the weakening of the valves inside the leg that are there to prevent backward flow of the blood. Walls of these veins get thick causing the blood to flow backwards, enlarging the vein causing it to appear on the surface of the skin. Such veins are known as varicose veins. For the most part, they are a cosmetic issue but for some individuals, they can be quite painful as well. Earlier they were treated using certain massaging techniques and home remedies. While such techniques did work but it was only for a short period of time.
Causes of varicose veins
Thankfully the problem can be treated permanently by Varicose Veins treatment in Abu Dhabi. Causes of varicose veins can vary from one individual to the other. Here are few of the most common ones:
- Sudden weight gain on the body that causes legs to become weak and veins become more obvious.
- Hormonal changes can also cause varicose veins to appear on the skin. In such case it is good to get your hormones stable and they go for varicose veins treatment in Abu Dhabi.
- Standing for long time is also said to cause the problem, people with standing jobs such as barber, teacher and guards are more prone to the varicose veins.
- Pregnancy also causes such veins to appear due to excessive overweight and weakening of the overall body. Varicose veins treatment in Abu Dhabi should be performed after you delver a child and not during pregnancy.
- Some reactant pills such as birth control pills can also cause the varicose veins to appear.
- Genetics also plays a great role in varicose veins; if one family member is diagnosed with the condition then chances of others getting it are higher.
- Pelvis tumors can also cause the varicose veins to appear on the surface of the body. In such case, it is better to treat the underlying issue and then progress towards varicose veins treatment in Abu Dhabi
Varicose veins treatment in Abu Dhabi
There are two approaches for treating varicose veins. Both of them are minimally invasive procedures which do not involve any cuts and stiches and does not involve no downtime and recovery period.
Simple laser treatment
Laser varicose veins treatment, the veins present just below the skin are treated with laser energy.
- Your skin is numbed via local anesthesia.
- Laser beams are made incident on the swollen veins from the outside of the skin.
- It destroys the blockage in the veins and let the blood flowing through the veins.
- You can return back to your routine activities a day after the treatment.
Endovenous laser treatment
- Endovenous Laser treatment is used to treat large, more painful veins which are usually inside the legs.
- Local anesthesia is administered to the patient.
- A thin tube is inserted into the affected vein via a tiny incision.
- The tube has a laser fiber on its tip which imparts laser energy to the veins and removes the blockage of your veins. .
- It eliminates varicose veins completely.
It is important to consider the fact that varicose veins are more than a cosmetic problem. They can interfere with your day to day activities and can cause you a great deal of discomfort. It is important to stop experimenting on your own and visit a dermatologist to get your issues treated. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments below.